Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Stationary Solver failed to find slolution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Dear fellows,

I am a rather new in COMSOL Simulation. I am facing a problem of statinary module, it gives a message after 10 minutes of simulation run, "Failed to find the solution for initial parameter. Out of memory during LU factorization. REturned solution is not converged. Not all paremeter steps are returned". Please guide me If someone have solved this problem. I am not getting either this is problem of RAM or any other requirement of the softwares is needed to be fixed or its a simulation error. any guidance to go ahed is appreciable.

Thanks in anticipation

1 Reply Last Post 17.08.2023, 13:49 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 months ago 17.08.2023, 13:49 GMT-4

There are several possible causes of this error. I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
There are several possible causes of this error. I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum so that others can examine it and offer their suggestions.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.