Maximum number of Newton iterations reached

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning, I work on a simulation of an interaction fluid/structure and I want to apply pneumatic forces on a sheet which is levitated with those forces and try to find the link between the distance between the sheet and the inlet, and the force apply on the sheet. This distance should be between 0.01mm and 5mm However, my simulation failed to find a solution beacause the solution is not converged. So I have the error : Maximum number of Newton iterations reached. I really don't know how to solve this, so if someone have a solution I will be glad.

Thank you very much.

1 Reply Last Post 09.11.2023, 10:03 GMT-5
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 months ago 09.11.2023, 10:03 GMT-5
Updated: 6 months ago 09.11.2023, 10:03 GMT-5

A good idea when a nonlinear analysis does not converge is to reduce the excitation in order to make the problem less nonlinear. In fluid mechanics, for example, reduce the inlet velocity or pressure difference by a large factor. If that gives a solution, increase the loading in steps, and try to figure out what goes wrong.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
A good idea when a nonlinear analysis does not converge is to reduce the excitation in order to make the problem less nonlinear. In fluid mechanics, for example, reduce the inlet velocity or pressure difference by a large factor. If that gives a solution, increase the loading in steps, and try to figure out what goes wrong.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.