P-Wave(TM Mode) Reflection is extraordinary higher

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Members,

My comsol model for reflection from IR metasurface giving very high Reflection intensity from Pwaves. The reflection result from comsol model for S-Wave with settings {E0(0,1,0) incidnet angle 80 degree} using periodic boundry conditions is fitting well to experimental results while reflection results from comsol model for P-Wave with settings {E0(1,1,0) incidnet angle 80 degree} using periodic boundry conditions is not fitting well to experimental results as it is giving 5 times higher reflection. Please if someone can give any hint to change mesh size/step size of wavelength or boundry conditions etc.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Reply Last Post 13.11.2023, 06:32 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 months ago 13.11.2023, 06:32 GMT-5

i meet the same question like yours but the opposite one。P-wave is ok.but the S-wave is totally wrong,And my 3D model is about the simulation of a interface between air and a kind of anisotropic media.By the way,both the results are ok when the model is 2D.So if you can solve the problem,please tell me the solution.Thank you very much.

i meet the same question like yours but the opposite one。P-wave is ok.but the S-wave is totally wrong,And my 3D model is about the simulation of a interface between air and a kind of anisotropic media.By the way,both the results are ok when the model is 2D.So if you can solve the problem,please tell me the solution.Thank you very much.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.