Why does my Wavelenght Reflectiongraph not show the expectef correct wavelenghts?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Currently, I am constructing a nanostructure of the butterfly (Morpho Didus) to demonstrate that the butterfly's blue color is solely a result of structural reflection of light. To achieve this, I have constructed the nanostructure, formed periodic boundaries and PMS (presumably a simulation technique), and specified a port as well as the surrounding material (air). My goal is to simulate simple light rays on the nanostructure and ultimately plot a reflection graph, illustrating that the wavelengths of the blue color are predominantly reflected.

I aim to achieve a reflection graph similar to Figure 2 in the following paper, which served as the basis for my simulation:see picture below. I am striving for a reflection graph akin to the electric field in Figure 2 or as shown here: see picture below.

Unfortunately, my current reflection graphs do not make much sense. Can anyone pinpoint where exactly my problem lies? Below, you can find my file, and I am working in Study 3. Thank you very much!

0 Replies Last Post 09.03.2024, 07:08 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sara Al

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.