How to compute the concentrated electromagnetic force from distributed electromagnetic force in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear friends,

I am doing a simulation about computing the vibration in electric motor. First, the Electromagnetic force will be computed in electromagnetic analysis (EM analysis) by using the Maxwell stress tensor method (MST). Then that EM forces will be imported in stator tooth of the motor to compute the vibration of motor (Structure analysis). In COMSOL, they have already done this analysis by using the EM distributed force to apply on the stator tooth. However, I would compare this solution by using the equivalent method that suggested from other paper that we can convert the distributed force under each stator tooth into the concentrated force and apply them on each stator tooth to get the vibration result. However, I do not have any ideal to implement this task in COMSOL. Could you give me some example to do this please? Thank you very much, Best regards, Le Chi Hieu

0 Replies Last Post 18.03.2024, 02:57 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Le Chi Hieu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.