input of a variable which is changing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I am dealing with heat transfer of a food product placed in a blast chiller. I have to input the external temperature of the chiller/ temperatuer of the cool air. but it is changing its not a single value like when i open a door to put the sample it increases say to -10 and then later it goes -20, -30 until it stabilizes say to -35. how do i input thi sin comsol? please help. thanks

1 Reply Last Post 20.03.2024, 08:49 GMT-4
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 month ago 20.03.2024, 08:49 GMT-4

Hi Anjelina,

I suggest that you use an Interpolation function for this purpose. You can use linear interpolation or some other interpolation function to get the values between the entered times and temperatures that you specify in the table in the Settings window for the Interpolation function. Use degC (degrees C) as the unit for the function and s (seconds) as the unit for the argument, for example.

With the Interpolation function's default name, int1, then add a Temperature boundary condition to the boundary or boundaries that represent the opened door. There you enter int1(t) as the temperature, which will then be interpolated according to your entered values during a time-dependent simulation.

Best regards,

Magnus

Hi Anjelina, I suggest that you use an **Interpolation** function for this purpose. You can use linear interpolation or some other interpolation function to get the values between the entered times and temperatures that you specify in the table in the **Settings** window for the **Interpolation** function. Use `degC` (degrees C) as the unit for the function and `s` (seconds) as the unit for the argument, for example. With the **Interpolation** function's default name, `int1`, then add a **Temperature** boundary condition to the boundary or boundaries that represent the opened door. There you enter `int1(t)` as the temperature, which will then be interpolated according to your entered values during a time-dependent simulation. Best regards, Magnus

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.