Flow Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am currently performing a fluid simulation within a waterblock. I have defined the geometry, material, and the mesh (coarse). However, I am encountering an error of type: "Failed to find consistent initial values. Last time step is not converged." How can I resolve this type of error ?

1 Reply Last Post 02.04.2024, 11:20 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 weeks ago 02.04.2024, 11:20 GMT-4
Updated: 4 weeks ago 02.04.2024, 11:20 GMT-4

Hello Chance,

I took a quick look at your file and I will not claim I was able to figure what you are trying to model. With that said, I strongly suspect there are several fundamental issues with your setup that you need to resolve before going forward. For one, you set up the model such that you are trying to solve fluid flow equations in domains to which you assigned solid metal properties. You also set inlet and outlet flow boundary conditions on two surfaces that belong to two domains to which you assigned water as a material, but those two domains are not connected. Finally I noticed that you specified an initial velocity field that is both incompatible with your boundary conditions and inconsistent with laminar flow.

Best regards,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Chance, I took a quick look at your file and I will not claim I was able to figure what you are trying to model. With that said, I strongly suspect there are several fundamental issues with your setup that you need to resolve before going forward. For one, you set up the model such that you are trying to solve fluid flow equations in domains to which you assigned solid metal properties. You also set inlet and outlet flow boundary conditions on two surfaces that belong to two domains to which you assigned water as a material, but those two domains are not connected. Finally I noticed that you specified an initial velocity field that is both incompatible with your boundary conditions and inconsistent with laminar flow. Best regards, Jeff

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.