Modeling the ray intensity and ray heating of crystal rod in a solar concentrator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all, my name is Kabilan Sripathy. I am a little new to COMSOL and I am having some basic trouble with making a model. I want to simulate the ray intensity through a crystal rod placed at the focus of a solar concentrator. It would be great to simulate the whole 3D rod where I could extract the ray intensity at any slice, but predefining slices is also a ok. I have been following the solar dish reciver example given by COMSOL.

https://www.comsol.com/model/solar-dish-receiver-19227

It shows nicely how to plot the accumulated heat at the surface of the rod. However I would also like to plot the ray intensity throughout slices of the rod.

I have attached my modified file so far. Please let me know if you can help me with this :)

Cheers

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.