Reaction Rates

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am using COMSOL 6.1 Reaction Engineering Module. I am modeling a reaction in the form of:

A-->B+C+D+... The reaction depicts the heat breakdown of a solid substance. I obtained the reaction kinetics [A, E] values from TGA measurements. When I use these numbers to define the reaction constant [k], the reaction does not occur. I receive a graph with the concentration of [A] represented by a fixed straight line and all products at zero. Has anyone ever modeled reactions using kinetic values from TGA data? Please help.

• I also want my reaction rate to be temperature dependent. my temperature is rising from 0K to 800K and then stays at that point. I tried to identify temperature as a function but I couldn't include the function in the rate constant. COMSOL wont recognize it. If anyone has such success modeling these type of scenarios. I would be grateful to hear you thoughts.

Best Regards

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.