Cohesive Zone Modeling only mode I

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am modeling the connection of two objects using CZM (Cohesive Zone Modeling). I only want to utilize Mode I (tension) instead of Mixed Mode. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips?

Thank you.

3 Replies Last Post 26.04.2024, 03:48 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 week ago 24.04.2024, 07:18 GMT-4
Updated: 1 week ago 24.04.2024, 07:18 GMT-4

The built-in model is inherently mixed, so this is not trivial. You would probably have to do some equation based modeling.

However, it would be interesting to understand what behavior you want: Is it decohesion in tension while still undamaged in shear, independent of the level of the shear stress?

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
The built-in model is inherently mixed, so this is not trivial. You would probably have to do some equation based modeling. However, it would be interesting to understand what behavior you want: Is it decohesion in tension while still undamaged in shear, independent of the level of the shear stress?

Posted: 1 week ago 24.04.2024, 08:46 GMT-4
Updated: 1 week ago 24.04.2024, 08:51 GMT-4

Yes! I want my model is decohesion in tension while still undamaged in shear, independent of the level of the shear stress.

However, I'm not quite sure of the specific steps required to implement this. Could you provide guidance or assistance?

Thank you.

Yes! I want my model is decohesion in tension while still undamaged in shear, independent of the level of the shear stress. However, I'm not quite sure of the specific steps required to implement this. Could you provide guidance or assistance? Thank you.

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 week ago 26.04.2024, 03:48 GMT-4

I suggest that you contact support in order to get more detailed help in this case.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
I suggest that you contact support in order to get more detailed help in this case.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.