Scaling down issue in COMSOL Multiphysics from millimeter to micro meter

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Experts,

I have a model created and defined dimensions as parameters in millimeter range and I want to scale it down to micrometer dimension. I used the scaling option under geometry and add 1000 as scaling factor with isotropic option selected but after I clicked the build option, it processed the image and didnt show anything in the right hand side and sometimes it throws error saying "the object to be scaled must be selected".

I did select the CAD image as can be seen in the below screenshots image 2,image 3.

Am i doing some mistake in the whole scaling down process? could you please advise .I use COMSOL 2024 version. Is there any other way to scale down the parameters in comsol from millimeter to micrometer?

Image 2.png below is the inital image to be scaled but Image 3.png is the scaled image that vanishes when i click build all.

Kind reg Amit

1 Reply Last Post 15.05.2024, 14:37 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 weeks ago 15.05.2024, 14:37 GMT-4

Hello Amit,

1/ If you want to make the object a thousand times smaller, then use a scaling factor of .001

2/ Use the Zoom Extents button to make the geometry fill the Graphics window

3/ There is no version of COMSOL called "2024 version". The version you are using, per your screenshot, is 6.0.0.405, a.k.a. 6.0 update 2, which dates back to 2022. The latest version is 6.2 update 3; it was released today.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Amit, 1/ If you want to make the object a thousand times smaller, then use a scaling factor of .001 2/ Use the Zoom Extents button to make the geometry fill the Graphics window 3/ There is no version of COMSOL called "2024 version". The version you are using, per your screenshot, is 6.0.0.405, a.k.a. 6.0 update 2, which dates back to 2022. The latest version is 6.2 update 3; it was released today. Best, Jeff

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.