Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

URGENT!!ERROR

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!during the simulation an error appears:
Failed to find a solution:
In segregated group 1: The relative error (0) is greater than the relative tolerance.
Returned solution has not converged.
What means??why it appears??what can I do?
I have a tube with two obstacles fixed with a hinge. I have to analyze the interaction between fluid and the two obstacles.
Please answer me!!!!!!
Thanks!

3 Replies Last Post 09.01.2013, 15:46 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.01.2013, 10:46 GMT-5
Hi

sorry I cannot give you many clues, as that can come from too coarse mesh, imperfect boundary mesh, or initial conditions too far away from the final solution. FSI is tricky and require often some test and tries ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi sorry I cannot give you many clues, as that can come from too coarse mesh, imperfect boundary mesh, or initial conditions too far away from the final solution. FSI is tricky and require often some test and tries ... -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.01.2013, 10:57 GMT-5

Hi

sorry I cannot give you many clues, as that can come from too coarse mesh, imperfect boundary mesh, or initial conditions too far away from the final solution. FSI is tricky and require often some test and tries ...

--
Good luck
Ivar

These are what i've imposed:
incompressible navier stockes
subdomain settings:1=fluid domain, init=>p2(to)=100mmHg
2,3=solid domain
boundary settings:1=inlet, velocity, U=0.26m/s;
12=outlet, no viscous stress Po=0;
other=wall,no sleep
plane strain
subdomain setting:1=fluid domain
2,3=solid domain
boundary settings:4-11=fluid load
point setting:7,8=constrained
moving mesh
subdomain setting:1=fluid domain
2,3=solid domain
boundary settings:1,2,3,12=fixed
other=structural displacement
I solve with stationary segregated.
[QUOTE] Hi sorry I cannot give you many clues, as that can come from too coarse mesh, imperfect boundary mesh, or initial conditions too far away from the final solution. FSI is tricky and require often some test and tries ... -- Good luck Ivar [/QUOTE] These are what i've imposed: incompressible navier stockes subdomain settings:1=fluid domain, init=>p2(to)=100mmHg 2,3=solid domain boundary settings:1=inlet, velocity, U=0.26m/s; 12=outlet, no viscous stress Po=0; other=wall,no sleep plane strain subdomain setting:1=fluid domain 2,3=solid domain boundary settings:4-11=fluid load point setting:7,8=constrained moving mesh subdomain setting:1=fluid domain 2,3=solid domain boundary settings:1,2,3,12=fixed other=structural displacement I solve with stationary segregated.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 09.01.2013, 15:46 GMT-5
Hi
Perhaps you need to add a small initial flow velocity or a Poiseuille pressure drop ...
One way is to solve the case in stationary (sometimes, if you have enough RAM) a direct solver converges better another possible test, but not always ;) and then to use this stationary result as initial conditions for the time series one, or a parametric sweep to ram up a flow velocity ...

certainly with the progress in solvers and solver settings a more recent version would make life easier, but that might imply new purchases for you

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Perhaps you need to add a small initial flow velocity or a Poiseuille pressure drop ... One way is to solve the case in stationary (sometimes, if you have enough RAM) a direct solver converges better another possible test, but not always ;) and then to use this stationary result as initial conditions for the time series one, or a parametric sweep to ram up a flow velocity ... certainly with the progress in solvers and solver settings a more recent version would make life easier, but that might imply new purchases for you -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.