Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

comsol 4.3 java heap size

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

After looking around the forum, I found out that in order to increase the heap size, I have to edit the comsol.ini or comsolserver.ini file.

The problem I am having is, even though I have administrative rights of the computer where the comsol is installed, I cannot edit the file. This means, when I edit it and want to save the file, it says access denied.

Did anyone else have similar problem? Please let me know if you know why it is happening or how I could edit it.

thanks,

3 Replies Last Post 30.10.2013, 18:43 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello ajeetraj

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.10.2013, 11:43 GMT-4
I also have exactly the same problem.
I also have exactly the same problem.

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.10.2013, 14:15 GMT-4
Hi,

Just copy the .ini file to another directory (say D: drive) and then edit and save it. You then copy this file back to the COMSOL directory. It asks you to overwrite the file, say yes.

Suresh
Hi, Just copy the .ini file to another directory (say D: drive) and then edit and save it. You then copy this file back to the COMSOL directory. It asks you to overwrite the file, say yes. Suresh

Posted: 1 decade ago 30.10.2013, 18:43 GMT-4
I have also recently developed a significant problem with running out of Java Heap space, requiring a machine restart every few parametric runs -- a major pain.

Major symptom: "Error in multiphysics compilation" whenever evaluating the model.

I will try this.
I have also recently developed a significant problem with running out of Java Heap space, requiring a machine restart every few parametric runs -- a major pain. Major symptom: "Error in multiphysics compilation" whenever evaluating the model. I will try this.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.