Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling variables

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am attempting to model a complex physical processes in batteries where there is a domain representing the electrode that contains active materials. The governing equations in the active materials are different from the governing equations on the domain. Moreover, the length scales are very different (microns compared to meters).
My goal is to couple the equations without building a new domain. I am guessing this may be achieved by building two distinct geometries and coupling the variables through extrusion but I am not quite sure.
Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Adib Samin
The Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
The Ohio State University

1 Reply Last Post 08.09.2014, 12:49 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 08.09.2014, 12:49 GMT-4
Adib

Could you be more specific about your problem? Are you looking for guidance on how to use the coupling operators are you more interested in figuring out how to couple your equations? Do you have a model file you can attach?

Sri.
Adib Could you be more specific about your problem? Are you looking for guidance on how to use the coupling operators are you more interested in figuring out how to couple your equations? Do you have a model file you can attach? Sri.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.