Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric Sweep versus Parameter

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to make a sequence of plots and/or movie, with a variable changing, but my model is not a function of this variable. For example I want surface plots of emw.Ex*cos(theta)+emw.Ey*sin(theta) for theta 0 to 360 degrees in 45 degree increments where the model isn't a function of theta.

I can use "Parametric Sweep" but I worry that this will cause Comsol to recalculate and/or store the
same solution multiple times. [ed: my testing indicates that Comsol _does_ store multiple copies of the solution even though the model isn't a function of a parametric sweep parameter]

Also, it would be good to make this sort of "not-parametric" sweep without needing to recalculate the solution.

Is there an alternative to parametric sweep for this situation?

0 Replies Last Post 08.09.2014, 11:07 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chris Nadovich

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.