Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

meshing error

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I tried to mesh my geometry (rather small and with many details), however I got this error:

Error: 4029
Failed to insert point.
- x coordinate: -0.007
- y coordinate: -0.00199846
- z coordinate: 0.00502638
An empty cavity was generated.

In a former version of the model I got rid of meshing problems by using a finer mesh, but this doesn't work now.
Please, does somebody know how to solve this problem?
Thanks for all answers,

Sabine

5 Replies Last Post 23.09.2010, 05:11 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 28.06.2010, 07:45 GMT-4
Hi

try to select the edge(s) close by and mesh it by hand, or change the default mesh denisty

Good luck
Ivar
Hi try to select the edge(s) close by and mesh it by hand, or change the default mesh denisty Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.09.2010, 04:58 GMT-4
How does one change the mesh density? I have a similar problem!

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.09.2010, 04:59 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.09.2010, 04:59 GMT-4

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.09.2010, 05:11 GMT-4
Hi

you have the default values in the size node (V4) or the general mesh window in V3.5 from extra coarse via normal to extra fine, andthen you can tweak the indivdual values at will.

If you are not familiar with all these settings, you should take a look at the videos and go through the chapter of meshing in detail, by repeating the exercices as there are many subtilities, and good FEM results are 80% related to a good meshing.

But meshing remains for me somewhat an art (more than a science what it is anyhow

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have the default values in the size node (V4) or the general mesh window in V3.5 from extra coarse via normal to extra fine, andthen you can tweak the indivdual values at will. If you are not familiar with all these settings, you should take a look at the videos and go through the chapter of meshing in detail, by repeating the exercices as there are many subtilities, and good FEM results are 80% related to a good meshing. But meshing remains for me somewhat an art (more than a science what it is anyhow -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.