Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to export postprocessing data in comsol 4.0

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am missing the option "Export Fem Structure" in the new comsol version 4.0.
Didn't I find it or doesn't it exist? It was a great function in version 3.5a which I used often.

Is there any other possibility to export postprocessing data from comsol 4.0? I tried to save the model as m-file and process it in matlab, however there occurs an error an I can't find the reason?!

So, if somebody could give me some advise, would be great.

Regards, Sabine

2 Replies Last Post 08.11.2010, 14:57 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 30.06.2010, 15:44 GMT-4
Hi

I would also like to see an export FEM to a neutral file format, at least as mesh with material and load data, but I believe it does not exist (perhaps to come in 4.1, would be very nice though, even if its clear that everything is not exportable)

Sorry I do not know more, else try Support, or check in the release notes, but cannot remember something, just got 4.0a in the post and have managed to scan the relese note quickly

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I would also like to see an export FEM to a neutral file format, at least as mesh with material and load data, but I believe it does not exist (perhaps to come in 4.1, would be very nice though, even if its clear that everything is not exportable) Sorry I do not know more, else try Support, or check in the release notes, but cannot remember something, just got 4.0a in the post and have managed to scan the relese note quickly Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.11.2010, 14:57 GMT-5
You can doit this way:

1. In Comsol 4.0, File->Export Model to Server ...
2. In Matlab, type model = ModelUtil.model('Model');

Then use 'model' to replace 'fem' as you did in Comsol 3.5a, e.g.
pd = mpheval(model, 'u', 'edim', 2);
pd = mpheval(model, 'u', 'Selection', [4 29]);

Now you use "mpheval" instead of "posteval", etc.

Good luck!

Hongxue
You can doit this way: 1. In Comsol 4.0, File->Export Model to Server ... 2. In Matlab, type model = ModelUtil.model('Model'); Then use 'model' to replace 'fem' as you did in Comsol 3.5a, e.g. pd = mpheval(model, 'u', 'edim', 2); pd = mpheval(model, 'u', 'Selection', [4 29]); Now you use "mpheval" instead of "posteval", etc. Good luck! Hongxue

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.