Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

importing modified fem structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello,
I am having trouble plotting the difference between two stationary solutions using COMSOL. The way I went about it is by exporting the two fem structures corresponding to the stationary solutions into comsol script (say fem1 and fem2) and taking the difference between the solutions and importing it back into comsol GUI. Here is the sequence of steps I followed:

1. Run solution1
2. Import fem1
3. Run solution2
4. Import fem2
5. femDiff = fem2
6. femDiff.sol = femsol(fem2.sol.u - fem1.sol.u)
7. import femDiff

I do not get any error messages while importing femDiff into comsol but nothing comes up when I plot something. So, I wonder what the problem can be ? I have tried exporting a fem structure and importing the same structure back into comsol and that seems to work. However, when I modify the fem structure before importing back... it doesn't work. Did any of you face this problem. It would be great if you have an alternative solution.

Thanks much
Ravi

1 Reply Last Post 16.03.2011, 16:09 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ravi Appana

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 16.03.2011, 16:09 GMT-4
I am experiencing the same problem. I hope someone has successfully carried this out and can share with us how it was done.

Austin
I am experiencing the same problem. I hope someone has successfully carried this out and can share with us how it was done. Austin

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.