Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how should two seperate geometries be modeled?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am currently working on a model of a heating circuit. I have achieved success in the modeling of the proper physics for the resistor embedded into the glass aspect of the model. However I wish to add a layer of SiO2 and PDMS on top of the glass/resistor surface. I have read chapter 15: Using Assemblies in the Multiphysics modeling guide, but I continue to get bogus results or errors whenever I try to either extrude normal to the surface and creating imprints or whenever I try to link two separate geometries to have continuous physics.

Could this be an error with meshing? When using imprints, any suggestions for coupling boundary conditions or for using pairs?

I appreciate your time and help.

Thank you,
Daniel

0 Replies Last Post 15.07.2010, 12:36 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dan Student

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.