Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Compare the stress results between 2D and 3D model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone,

I make a 2D simulation to show the stress by intercalation of ion.

I like to this model in 3D model. However, the results are different between the models.

I think that there is something wrong to give boundary conditions in 3D model.

I attached a file that shows the results.

Can you give me some advise to get a right direction?

Thank you,
Cheolwoong

1 Reply Last Post 15.07.2010, 14:39 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.07.2010, 14:39 GMT-4
I have also found the same problem of non-identical results between 2D and 3D models. I several cases of modeling 2D and 3D which included structural mechanics I found the values to be off by two times. My analytic model agrees with the 2D solutions. If you get any response from the Comsol support regarding this. please share it here.
I have also found the same problem of non-identical results between 2D and 3D models. I several cases of modeling 2D and 3D which included structural mechanics I found the values to be off by two times. My analytic model agrees with the 2D solutions. If you get any response from the Comsol support regarding this. please share it here.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.