Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to do integration of two different eigenfunctions?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using comsol 3.5a. I am doing eigenvalue analysis in pde mode, and
I would like to do subdomain integration of expresion
witch contains two different eigenfunctions. For example u(of first eigenvalue)*u(of second eigenvalue).
Is it possible to do what I want in GUI? If not, how to do it in .m file?. Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 15.07.2010, 18:26 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.07.2010, 17:25 GMT-4
Hi

there are two interesting operators to understand:

with() and at()

one to select a particular solution, the other for a time series from a solution

check the doc it's too long to say everything here
Goog luck
Ivar
Hi there are two interesting operators to understand: with() and at() one to select a particular solution, the other for a time series from a solution check the doc it's too long to say everything here Goog luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 15.07.2010, 18:26 GMT-4
Thanks again.

I did exactly what I wanted. I simply put:

conj(with(3,u))*y*with(1,u)

In the expressions line in subdomain integration window in GUI.

And I got the matrix element I wanted.
Thanks again. I did exactly what I wanted. I simply put: conj(with(3,u))*y*with(1,u) In the expressions line in subdomain integration window in GUI. And I got the matrix element I wanted.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.