Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fem Structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have been working with Fem structures and Matlab for few months now. I can easily use the posinterp function to obtain any data I need from the Fem structure I upload into matlab.

However, the problem starts when I want to use 2 different Fem structures at the same time in 1 matlab session. THe idea is to have 2 sets of solution, and depending on where in the module I look for, the Matlab code would decide which Fem to use for the postinterp.

I havent been able to figure out how to have these 2 Fems sitting next to each other and the comsol support team seems to know less than I do to solve this problem. It would be great if someone has a solution or an idea...

Thank you

Arash

3 Replies Last Post 02.08.2010, 15:40 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 28.07.2010, 10:48 GMT-4
Hi

I beleive I do not really understand you, my thoughts, from what I read, is to have "fem1" and "fem2" as two separate structures and then play around with that, but I suppose it can easily be rather heavy

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I beleive I do not really understand you, my thoughts, from what I read, is to have "fem1" and "fem2" as two separate structures and then play around with that, but I suppose it can easily be rather heavy -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.08.2010, 11:26 GMT-4
Hi,

well, the question is, how can i use Fem 1 and Fem 2 at the same time in 1 matlab session.

What i mean by Fem 1 and Fem 2, is to have 2 different comsol Models, and solve them for a set of solutions. Then use both solutions in 1 Matlab Code, which is a particle tracking code to be more specific.

My code is able to distigues between 2 different solutions the way i have written it, but my problem is, how to have fem 1 and fem 2 imported in the same Matlab session from comsol.

Thank you

Arash
Hi, well, the question is, how can i use Fem 1 and Fem 2 at the same time in 1 matlab session. What i mean by Fem 1 and Fem 2, is to have 2 different comsol Models, and solve them for a set of solutions. Then use both solutions in 1 Matlab Code, which is a particle tracking code to be more specific. My code is able to distigues between 2 different solutions the way i have written it, but my problem is, how to have fem 1 and fem 2 imported in the same Matlab session from comsol. Thank you Arash

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 02.08.2010, 15:40 GMT-4
Hi

I had in mind taht COMSOL names them differently (fem1 and fem2 ...) if you have several unrelated models, or have I missed something ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I had in mind taht COMSOL names them differently (fem1 and fem2 ...) if you have several unrelated models, or have I missed something ? -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.