Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

multiphase jet mixing

Rinaldo Gonzalez Galdamez

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Has anyone tried to model multiphase jet flow mixing in tanks? I have not been able to find any tutorials similar to this type of application. Does anyone have a model that would not mind sharing?

Thanks in advance !

4 Replies Last Post 28.10.2010, 13:27 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rinaldo Gonzalez Galdamez

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.10.2010, 07:56 GMT-4
Got an answer?
Got an answer?

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.10.2010, 09:31 GMT-4
Hello,

I never got an answer through this forum but I did get a couple of replies in the COMSOL yahoo forum. I have been able to set up a model using the phase field method. The level set method does not work well for high velocity flows. Besides the usual multiphase flow settings, numerical stabilization is needed. Also, I set a coupling variable for the surface tension in the subdomains where fluids are present, this seemed to help.

Are you trying to model something similar?

Hello, I never got an answer through this forum but I did get a couple of replies in the COMSOL yahoo forum. I have been able to set up a model using the phase field method. The level set method does not work well for high velocity flows. Besides the usual multiphase flow settings, numerical stabilization is needed. Also, I set a coupling variable for the surface tension in the subdomains where fluids are present, this seemed to help. Are you trying to model something similar?

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.10.2010, 09:42 GMT-4
Yep,

I've started to think about the problem... May you address me to the mentioned helpful material?
And thank you for the respond!

Stephan
Yep, I've started to think about the problem... May you address me to the mentioned helpful material? And thank you for the respond! Stephan

Posted: 1 decade ago 28.10.2010, 13:27 GMT-4
Hello,

I apologize for the late response.
Look carefully into the "Boiling Water" tutorial. specifically into the "delta" scalar expression for the integration coupling variables- subdomain variables. Also look at the settings for the artificial diffusion.

I integrated these changes into my model and worked fine. let me know how it goes.
Hello, I apologize for the late response. Look carefully into the "Boiling Water" tutorial. specifically into the "delta" scalar expression for the integration coupling variables- subdomain variables. Also look at the settings for the artificial diffusion. I integrated these changes into my model and worked fine. let me know how it goes.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.