Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PZT energy harvest

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi
i have design simple rectangular cantilever beam of dimension 3mmX10micrometerX25micrometer whose sub domain is PZT 5a and boundary condition are one end is fixed and other is having pressure in
Fy =-1000*sin(2*pi*96*t) / (10micrometer*25micrometer) N/m^2 and bottom surface is ground and top surface is zero charge symmetry then i am taking voltage from beam tip point which is sinewave now my question is that can i take same voltage from metal electrodes which have pzt layer in between them and giving same boundary condition.

i have tried structure with two metal electrode but as metal are good conductor they should have constant voltage throughout their length but comsol shows variation in voltage along length.

and other question is that can connect load resistor across electrode through spice editor if yes then how to calculate power from that.

0 Replies Last Post 26.08.2010, 05:04 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Suyog Jagtap

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.