Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

export data from subdomain in COMSOL 4.0

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I've constructed a 2D model containing 2 subdomains in COMSOL 4.0. I now want to export data from 1 of the 2 subdomains to a text-file. Therefore, I go to the Results-node and right-click on Report. There I choose data. However, I do not know how to select one of my subdomains there. Is there anyone who can help me out of this?

Steven

2 Replies Last Post 26.08.2010, 05:55 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 26.08.2010, 05:36 GMT-4
Hi,

without verification on my side: Go to the solution, choose "Selection" from the context menu, in the sub-node that appears choose the one domain that you want.

In the export, choose the Selection of the Solution instead of the solution itself.

Something like this.

Regards
Matthias
Hi, without verification on my side: Go to the solution, choose "Selection" from the context menu, in the sub-node that appears choose the one domain that you want. In the export, choose the Selection of the Solution instead of the solution itself. Something like this. Regards Matthias

Posted: 1 decade ago 26.08.2010, 05:55 GMT-4
Thx for your quick response. It works very well!
Thx for your quick response. It works very well!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.