Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

given tolerances are satisfied.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello,

I did a transiant analysis for time 0 till 200e-6 seconds with step 0.1e-6 seconds and I apply a sinus boundry condition as:
sin(2*pi*102940*t)*(t<9.8e-6)( just one cycle with frequancy 102940 Hz which means 9.7144e-6 second period). But I encouter message:
Error:
Time 9.023674779079128e-006:
Failed to find time step so that given tolerances are satisfied.
Last time step is not converged.

could you please help me ?

Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 26.08.2010, 08:25 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 26.08.2010, 07:16 GMT-4
Maybe your model doesn't like 0 as inlet velocity, or the change is too much that solver can not handle it. Usually it is the best to use a smoothed function (like step) to reduce the flow. Just some ideas.
Maybe your model doesn't like 0 as inlet velocity, or the change is too much that solver can not handle it. Usually it is the best to use a smoothed function (like step) to reduce the flow. Just some ideas.

Posted: 1 decade ago 26.08.2010, 08:25 GMT-4
hello daniel,

If I want to create a delta pulse inested of a sinus wave how could I do that? I know how to create a pulse with heaviside but if I want to create a delta pulse how could I make it in comsol?

Thank you
hello daniel, If I want to create a delta pulse inested of a sinus wave how could I do that? I know how to create a pulse with heaviside but if I want to create a delta pulse how could I make it in comsol? Thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.