Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

what meaning of convergence in comsol?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to simulate simple human carotid artery wtih comsol. The basic information is get from other published data.

This model is verifiied with other FEM program kind of Ansys. But when I used same information and run structural simulation.

I got the following results: Convergence range between 1.0e6 to 4.0e6. And the calculation tooks a long time but still going.

I try to figure out the meaning of convergence in comsol program. But I didn't get exact meaning.

I think this is a simple example to test structural mechanics in comsol but it looks comsol can't find the solution.

I changed various type boundary condition but the convergence range is same.

Even the initial pressure applid on the surface of blood vessel is 0 but even in this case I got huge number of convergence.

Is there anyone to help me to solve this problem?

0 Replies Last Post 30.08.2010, 00:54 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sungho Kim

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.