- Browse by:
- Electrical & Electronic Components
- Electrical Machinery
- Electromagnetic Prospecting
- Magnets & Shielding
- Fluid Flow
- Fluid Flow in Industrial Machinery & Equipment
- Hydrology & Subsurface Flow
- Microfluidics Devices & Analytical Instruments
This phenomenon is characterized by fluid flow deforming structures to an extent that influences the flow path through the changed geometry. Fluid-structure interaction (FSI) is encountered in many different branches of engineering and science, and on scales ranging from aircrafts and wind turbines to microsensors in molecule detection.
Modeling FSI requires a multiphysics coupling between the laws that describe fluid dynamics and structural mechanics.