New Functionality in Version 4.1
The functionality that has been added to COMSOL Multiphysics with add-on products are also by default available in the LiveLink for MATLAB.
- Helix geometry operation.
- Sweep geometry operation.
- Utility functions for selections: mphselectcoords and mphselectbox with related geometry utilities mphgetcoords and mphgetadj.
Version 4 includes built-in support for parameterized geometries. There should be no need to change boundary condition during parameterization; thus the geomanlyze function is no longer necessary. Parameterization can be performed both with the built-in parametric solver and by wrapping a for-loop around the solver call.
The option to plot on a server by starting a COMSOL server with the option -graphics is not supported on the Mac.
Symbols in the graphics window representing constraints and loads are not yet available in version 4.1. Symbols will be available in version 4.2.
The functionality corresponding to the following geometry functions from version 3.5a is not available in version 4.1. Most of this functionality will be available in version 4.2.
- flim2curve, flcontour2mesh, and flmesh2spline
- geomspline, geomsurf
- loft (partially available as Sweep)
- geom0, geom1, geom2, and geom3
- The paircand property of geomgroup
The functionality corresponding to the following mesh functions from version 3.5a is not available in version 4.1. Most of this functionality will be available in version 4.2.
- meshextrude and meshrevolve (essentially replaced by generalized sweep functionality)
- The hmesh and mesh properties of meshinit
See the section The COMSOL API regarding changes in the COMSOL API.