If you are a current or potential user of COMSOL Multiphysics who wants to learn how to use the software for AC/DC modeling, this is the course for you. The AC/DC Modeling course will provide you with a comprehensive introduction to the AC/DC Module, an add-on to COMSOL Multiphysics that is appropriate for modeling static, transient, and sinusoidally time-varying electromagnetic fields. During the 1-day course, you will learn how the AC/DC Module can be used for modeling resistive, capacitive, and inductive devices, as well as magnets, forces, and motion.
By the end of the training course, you will know how to build models for electrostatic, magnetostatic, and low-frequency AC applications. You will also be able to extract lumped electrical parameters from the model and augment these full-fidelity models by connecting them to a simple electrical circuit network model. This course allows current and potential users of COMSOL Multiphysics and the AC/DC Module to quickly get acquainted with the software's modeling capabilities.
- The fundamentals of mathematical modeling for electromagnetic fields
- Modeling resistive devices
- Modeling capacitive devices
- Modeling objects in static and time-varying magnetic fields
- Understanding the various quasistatic approximations
- Modeling inductive devices
- Modeling magnets and nonlinear magnetic materials
- Modeling the motion of objects in electromagnetic fields
- Extraction of resistance, capacitance, inductance, and impedance
The AC/DC Modeling course assumes some familiarity with the basic concepts of electrical engineering. We recommend that those new to COMSOL Multiphysics take the COMSOL Multiphysics Intensive Training course prior to attending this class.
Pricing & Payment Methods
The price for this 1-day course is $695.00 per person.
- We offer an academic discount to those who qualify. The academic rate for this course is $495.
We accept payment by credit card, company purchase order, check, wire, or direct deposit. For security purposes, please do not send credit card information via email. COMSOL will contact you by phone to confirm the payment information.
Mail payments or purchase orders to:
100 District Avenue
Burlington, MA 01803
Fax purchase orders to: