Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Post processing (particle tracing with mass) at micro scale..

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am unable to trace a particle's path at micro scale. But if i repeat exactly the same steps for the same geometry, after scaling it to meter scale ( and changing the parameters accordingly), i get a proper output.
In the former case, on clicking the 'plot', simply nothing happens. Not even an error pops up.

I am using COMSOL4 in 2D mode.

Plz help !!

3 Replies Last Post 23.10.2010, 02:37 MESZ

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.10.2010, 14:52 MESZ
I am also having Problems and can't use it on a micrometer 3D model.
I am also having Problems and can't use it on a micrometer 3D model.

Posted: 1 decade ago 14.10.2010, 04:50 MESZ
Could you please post your simple mph file here? So more people can have a look at it and solve the problem.

Hi,

I am unable to trace a particle's path at micro scale. But if i repeat exactly the same steps for the same geometry, after scaling it to meter scale ( and changing the parameters accordingly), i get a proper output.
In the former case, on clicking the 'plot', simply nothing happens. Not even an error pops up.

I am using COMSOL4 in 2D mode.

Plz help !!

Could you please post your simple mph file here? So more people can have a look at it and solve the problem. [QUOTE] Hi, I am unable to trace a particle's path at micro scale. But if i repeat exactly the same steps for the same geometry, after scaling it to meter scale ( and changing the parameters accordingly), i get a proper output. In the former case, on clicking the 'plot', simply nothing happens. Not even an error pops up. I am using COMSOL4 in 2D mode. Plz help !! [/QUOTE]

Posted: 1 decade ago 23.10.2010, 02:37 MESZ
I am having the same problem. (exactly same in a way it works when I use m for geometry scale and modify it)

Is this software error?
I am having the same problem. (exactly same in a way it works when I use m for geometry scale and modify it) Is this software error?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.