Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Remeshing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am making a simulation of particle flowing in a channel and when particle moves the mesh is deforming i want to remesh it . Is there any automatic remeshing option?

2 Replies Last Post 08.11.2010, 13:33 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 07.11.2010, 03:36 GMT-5
Something like this?
www.comsol.com/community/exchange/17/

--
Comsol 4.0a
Ubuntu 10.04.1
Something like this? http://www.comsol.com/community/exchange/17/ -- Comsol 4.0a Ubuntu 10.04.1

Posted: 1 decade ago 08.11.2010, 13:33 GMT-5

Something like this?
www.comsol.com/community/exchange/17/

I am also interested in this same issue, which is also addressed in the above model exchange file.

However, the files from the model exchange aren't particularly helpful for figuring out what settings to apply in version 4.0a, since it's a MATLAB script for version 3.2.

Furthermore, looking at the logic from the MATLAB script they appear to be using a loop as follows (if I'm interpreting things correctly):
1.) Solve system, stopping solution when the mesh quality degrades below some set value
2.) Construct a new geometry based on the previous solution.
3.) Mesh the new geometry
4.) Repeat until the particle ( or wire in this case) moves past a set point

So is this the suggested method to use in version 4 with an updated MATLAB script? Does anyone have an example? Or is there another way to implement remeshing based on some criteria like mesh quality?

Thanks,
John
[QUOTE] Something like this? http://www.comsol.com/community/exchange/17/ [/QUOTE] I am also interested in this same issue, which is also addressed in the above model exchange file. However, the files from the model exchange aren't particularly helpful for figuring out what settings to apply in version 4.0a, since it's a MATLAB script for version 3.2. Furthermore, looking at the logic from the MATLAB script they appear to be using a loop as follows (if I'm interpreting things correctly): 1.) Solve system, stopping solution when the mesh quality degrades below some set value 2.) Construct a new geometry based on the previous solution. 3.) Mesh the new geometry 4.) Repeat until the particle ( or wire in this case) moves past a set point So is this the suggested method to use in version 4 with an updated MATLAB script? Does anyone have an example? Or is there another way to implement remeshing based on some criteria like mesh quality? Thanks, John

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.