Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid-Thermal Interacion Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to simulate the temperature and velocity distribution the following model:

Geometry : 2D representation of a tube
Left Opening : Air entering at velocity of 10m/s, T=320 K.
Wall : Insulated
Right Opening : Open to surrounding temperature of 300K. Pressure = 1 atm .

What would be the correct boundary setting for the right opening? Is it correct to set the left boundary to Temperature, 320 K, U = 10 m/s ?

Also, I have some trouble solving the model when I load the library model for air in the subdomain setting. It seems that some expressions are unable to be evaluated. There don't seems to be a problem when I use constant value instead of library material. Is it because I make some error in boundary values or initial values? Or is there some constants that I need to define to use the library material?

1 Reply Last Post 13.10.2009, 05:14 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.10.2009, 05:14 GMT-4
Hello,

I think for the right opening you should set:
- "Outlet, Pressure, no viscous stress with Po=1atm" for the fluid dynamics part
- "Convective flux" for the thermal part

Concerning the library material, for rho and eta you need to precise the right temperature: here rho(Tf) and eta(Tf) where Tf is the fluid temperature.
Hello, I think for the right opening you should set: - "Outlet, Pressure, no viscous stress with Po=1atm" for the fluid dynamics part - "Convective flux" for the thermal part Concerning the library material, for rho and eta you need to precise the right temperature: here rho(Tf) and eta(Tf) where Tf is the fluid temperature.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.