Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling antiparallel AC currents in two conductors

Karolina Kasas Lazetic

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello to all,

I am working on determination of resistance coefficient Rac/Rdc in two busbars, made of aluminium and copper, carrying AC current in opposite directions (the frequency range is 50/3Hz to 3000Hz).
My model works excellent when current are in same direction, but I have problem with modeling antiparallel currents in conductors.

I have used axial symmetry (2D) AC/DC module/quasi static, Magnetic/perpendicular induction current vector potential mode together with /Time harmonic analysis.

In calculation I worked with resistive heating, time average (Qav_emqa) and Total current density, norm (normJ_emqa) as variables.

Putting in subdomains (busbars) Jez=J01 and Jez= - J01 (antiparallel currents) the results are completely wrong (the Rac/Rdc coefficient does not increase with frequency)

I will be grateful for any idea (how to model currents in opposite directions), you send to me.

Thanks a lot,

Best regards

Karolina

2 Replies Last Post 23.09.2015, 03:20 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.10.2009, 03:03 GMT-4
Hi

Have you checked out the new entries in the "Mode Exchange" ? from Konrad Walus, University of British Columbia .

I believe you find some good suggestions there

Good luck
Ivarf
Hi Have you checked out the new entries in the "Mode Exchange" ? from Konrad Walus, University of British Columbia . I believe you find some good suggestions there Good luck Ivarf

Posted: 9 years ago 23.09.2015, 03:20 GMT-4
Hi Ivar!

could you please tell me how to apply a AC current(for example sinusoida current) to a straight wire in transient analysis?I and my friends have worked for several days,but we failed,could hely me?
Expect your reply! If you can give me a case ,I wil be very appreciative!
Hi Ivar! could you please tell me how to apply a AC current(for example sinusoida current) to a straight wire in transient analysis?I and my friends have worked for several days,but we failed,could hely me? Expect your reply! If you can give me a case ,I wil be very appreciative!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.