Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

An Empty Cavity was Generated

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Can anyone explain what this error message means please?

Failed to insert point
- x coordinate: 5.00633e-005
- y coordinate: 0.002645
- z coordinate: -4.5325e-008

It happens whenever I try to mesh my system, but I cannot find any indication of what it means so as to know how to fix it.

Thanks,
Jon

2 Replies Last Post 17.09.2016, 12:03 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 13.07.2009, 02:19 GMT-4
Hello

for me its look like your geometry is overlapping (do you have several parts that are not 100% adjacent ?), particularly around the location given in the message (its [m] probably the default units you are using).

If the parts are not correctly adjacent, have been moved, or imported with a not fine enough resolution ("File - Import - Cad from file- Options - Absolute Import tolarance"), you can get such messages. I suspect the import option as your error is close to 50 um in X, it could be that you should import it with a finer tolarance, if it was imported. In these cases you can then easily get some overlaps or "holes" created

Sometimes you can get rid of this error by meshing with smaller mesh elements, do it locally, force the mesher along an edge.

Good luck
Hello for me its look like your geometry is overlapping (do you have several parts that are not 100% adjacent ?), particularly around the location given in the message (its [m] probably the default units you are using). If the parts are not correctly adjacent, have been moved, or imported with a not fine enough resolution ("File - Import - Cad from file- Options - Absolute Import tolarance"), you can get such messages. I suspect the import option as your error is close to 50 um in X, it could be that you should import it with a finer tolarance, if it was imported. In these cases you can then easily get some overlaps or "holes" created Sometimes you can get rid of this error by meshing with smaller mesh elements, do it locally, force the mesher along an edge. Good luck

Posted: 8 years ago 17.09.2016, 12:03 GMT-4
Hi
I too got the same error, how to solve the error i have also tried by changing the tolerance but there is no change in the error so kindly please tell me hoe to solve this error.

Thank you
Regards
Hi I too got the same error, how to solve the error i have also tried by changing the tolerance but there is no change in the error so kindly please tell me hoe to solve this error. Thank you Regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.