Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using Assemblies in EM application

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to use an assembly in an EM application in which I would like to see the E-Field lines surrounding the object of interest.

Usually if I am using composite geometry mode I would surround the object with a larger object representing 'air'. The air is then meshed around the charged object and in the post-processing mode the field lines can be visualized as the potential has been calculated through the volume of the air.

However, my geometry doesn't work in composite mode due to differences in scale between parts. So I am using the assembly mode instead. Everything works fine for parts whose boundries are in direct contact with one another, however the boundary of the air is a large distance away from the charged object. As a result I am not sure how to tell COMSOL that it should calculate the electric potential through the air object when using assemblies.

If someone knows how to do this, or what settings need to be set I would really appreciate the information.

Kind Regards,
Jon

0 Replies Last Post 08.07.2009, 15:15 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jonathan Welch

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.