Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What to do with this error " Failed to find consistent initial values. Undefined value found.Undefined value found in the stiffness matrix"?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

I'm trying to simulate 3D model of Vibrating beam in fluid flow which has a 2d counterpart in Comsol application gallery. I've met this kind of frequent error like shown below. I checked the boundary conditions serveral times and it's not a complicated one, I didn't find the problem. I also scaled down the dimension of the geometry and refined the mesh, it still turned out the same error. I f anyone has some idea about how to deal with the error, I'll be very grateful. Best Regards

Failed to find consistent values. Undefined value found. Undefined value found in the stiffness matrix.

For mesh-case there are 54 equations giving NaN/Inf in the matrix rows for the variable x.

For mesh-case 1 there are 54 degrees of freedowm giving NaN/Inf in the matrix columns for the variable x.

For mesh-case 1 there are 54 degrees of freedowm giving NaN/Inf in the matrix columns for the variable y.

For mesh-case 1 there are 54 degrees of freedowm giving NaN/Inf in the matrix columns for the variable z.

Last time step is not converged.

0 Replies Last Post 21.09.2017, 09:47 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Chuanliang Xie

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.