Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

The eigenfrequency of a deformed structure considering the prestress

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I want to solve the eigenfrequency of the deformed structure. Taking the superelastic structure for example, I solve the static characteristic considering non-linearity in the first step, obtain the structural deformation and stress. In the second step, I need to solve the eigenfrequency of superelastic structure considering the deformation and stress in the first step. How to introduce deformation and stress in the first step into the second step?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies Last Post 20.03.2018, 08:26 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 19.03.2018, 07:01 GMT-4
Updated: 6 years ago 19.03.2018, 07:01 GMT-4

Hi Ruiq,

You use the Prestressed Analysis, Eigenfrequency study. It contains of a stationary study step, and a subsequent eigenfrequncy study step. The latter uses the preload results as linearization point.

You will find a discussion about how to display the eigenmodes on the deformed structure in this thread:

https://www.comsol.com/forum/thread/171891/eigenfrequency-analysis-mode-shape

Regards,
Henrik

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
Hi Ruiq, You use the **Prestressed Analysis, Eigenfrequency** study. It contains of a stationary study step, and a subsequent eigenfrequncy study step. The latter uses the preload results as linearization point. You will find a discussion about how to display the eigenmodes on the deformed structure in this thread: Regards, Henrik

Posted: 6 years ago 20.03.2018, 08:26 GMT-4
Updated: 6 years ago 20.03.2018, 08:27 GMT-4

Hello Henrik,

I have successfully solved this problem according to your method. Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Ruiq

Hello Henrik, I have successfully solved this problem according to your method. Thank you very much. Kind regards, Ruiq

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.