Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to insert electric field as variable in a formula

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I an using coefficient form PDE and some of the equations i am using are directly related to the electric field (i.e. variable of electric field) I would like to know how to insert variable electric field in a formula. i used "es.normE & sqrt(es.Exes.Ex+es.Eyes.Ey+es.Ezes.Ez)", but in both the cases it says undefined variable.

with regards Hari

1 Reply Last Post 01.08.2018, 09:36 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 01.08.2018, 09:36 GMT-4

Hi Hari,

Are you using the electric currents module? If yes the correct name is "ec.normE". If not try to use the physics identifier (ht for heat transfer, jh for joule heating, etc). Of course that your physics should have an electric field

Best,

Nichal

Hi Hari, Are you using the electric currents module? If yes the correct name is "ec.normE". If not try to use the physics identifier (ht for heat transfer, jh for joule heating, etc). Of course that your physics should have an electric field Best, Nichal

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.