Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Stop condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have done 1D model. It ia trsnsient phenomeon, I gave some initialisation values for variables and I have run it many times the cycle, each tine the end results of last cycle is used as the initial condition. I need to stop solving when I am getting almost identail cycles. I am watching it when it it reaching steady state and I am I neeed to stop solution when it is steady state.

For eg. T (x)for a cycle = T(x) for the previous cycle.

It will be highly appreciated, if any one can answer this.

I know it is possible by specifying the stop condition in Sover Parameter /Time stepping Window.

But how to specify this stop condition? If I type Expression: T(t)-T(t-tp)-.01, where tp is the time perod of each cycle, it says "Unkown function".

How to specify T(t)? I mean Temp at a time t?

Ramadas

1 Reply Last Post 18.12.2009, 19:05 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.12.2009, 19:05 GMT-5
I have done 1D model. It ia trsnsient phenomeon, I gave some initialisation values for variables and I have run it many times the cycle, each tine the end results of last cycle is used as the initial condition. I need to stop solving when I am getting almost identail cycles. I am watching it when it it reaching steady state and I am I neeed to stop solution when it is steady state.

For eg. T (x)for a cycle = T(x) for the previous cycle.

It will be highly appreciated, if any one can answer this.

I know it is possible by specifying the stop condition in Sover Parameter /Time stepping Window.

But how to specify this stop condition? If I type Expression: T(t)-T(t-tp)-.01, where tp is the time perod of each cycle, it says "Unkown function".

How to specify T(t)? I mean Temp at a time t?

Ramadas

I have done 1D model. It ia trsnsient phenomeon, I gave some initialisation values for variables and I have run it many times the cycle, each tine the end results of last cycle is used as the initial condition. I need to stop solving when I am getting almost identail cycles. I am watching it when it it reaching steady state and I am I neeed to stop solution when it is steady state. For eg. T (x)for a cycle = T(x) for the previous cycle. It will be highly appreciated, if any one can answer this. I know it is possible by specifying the stop condition in Sover Parameter /Time stepping Window. But how to specify this stop condition? If I type Expression: T(t)-T(t-tp)-.01, where tp is the time perod of each cycle, it says "Unkown function". How to specify T(t)? I mean Temp at a time t? Ramadas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.