Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Getting postprocessing data for all time steps of a transient analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am dealing with a transient analysis. I need to get the value of a certain parameter (e.g. von-mises stress) for all the nodes in all the time steps. For example, if I want to solve the problem for 1 second, about say 40 time steps will be used.

I am using "posteval" function in the following form at the end of my m-file, but it only gives the value of that parameter for one time step (the last time step, I guess).

VM=posteval(fem,'mises_ps');

Do you know how I should use this command to get the value of that parameter for all the times steps of the transient analysis?
Do I need to use another command?

Thanks a lot,
MAsoud

2 Replies Last Post 21.12.2009, 10:07 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 18.12.2009, 11:51 GMT-5
Got it!

VM=posteval(fem,'mises_ps','Solnum','all');
Got it! VM=posteval(fem,'mises_ps','Solnum','all');

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 21.12.2009, 10:07 GMT-5
Hi

You have alo the way through the dump of a plot, if you need the data just as a text file, but be aware that for large arrays or multiple plots there are sometimes mixing up of the elements in V3.5a

In any case your way via matlab is also the one I would choose

Good luck
Ivar
Hi You have alo the way through the dump of a plot, if you need the data just as a text file, but be aware that for large arrays or multiple plots there are sometimes mixing up of the elements in V3.5a In any case your way via matlab is also the one I would choose Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.