Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Find resonance peak with parameter sweep in vibration mount

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm simulating vibration isolation mount, and I can get the transmissibility function by getting the value of acceleration of mass and base, and by dividing them. Then I can successfully get the graph of mass-spring-damper system. The mount is just simply designed as block with some thickness, and I want to get the value of resonance frequency by sweeping the thickness of mount. I firstly tried eigenfrequency study, but it just shows strange complex number eigenfrequency, whose real part is 10^-4 scale.

The algorithm that I want to realize is this : I set thickness with some value, and get the frequency response, find resonance frequency. I sweep the thickness, then I can get the graph of thickness-resonance graph

How can I do this algorithm in COMSOL? I feel really gratitude to your help in advance.

0 Replies Last Post 17.01.2019, 20:35 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Igju Jeon

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.