Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Computing the sensitivity using the Sensitivities at the Physics node and Study node

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Please, find my attached mph file. rho0 is a variable. I needed the sensitivity of my objective integral (ps.Ws) with respect to a control variable (rho). I have defined the objective integral, integral (ps.Ws) and the control variable, rho in the Physics sensitivity module. I made the initial value of rho to be rho0. Having run the study, I tried to plot rho in the result menu of the study node. Instead of obtaining a distribution (similar to rho0), I am only getting a number. With this, I will not be able to extract the correct sensitivity of integral(ps.Ws) with respect to rho at the study node. Please, help me. rho should be a distribution, not a number. Thank you so much.

0 Replies Last Post 11.02.2019, 17:20 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Samuel Ayinde

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.