Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

NaN value in Maxwell capacitance

Luis Francisco Molla Munilla

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi to everyone,

I'm trying to perform a simulation of a simple capacitor following this example: https://www.comsol.com/model/computing-capacitance-12689 and applying the dimensions of my system. I attach my model in this message: it is based in two metal plates (one changed and another grounded) in contact with two plastic plates and an air space in the middle. I've created "blk6" in the geometry to try if this way it worked but my initial model did not have it.

However, all I'm getting is a NaN result in the Maxwell capacitance (es.C11) and I do not know why. Also, no matter how I change the initial voltatge on the terminal, the value of the "Terminal voltatge" (es.V0_1) remain constant to 1.6364, which I found disturbing.

Am I missing any BCs? As I mentioned, I followed the steps of the tutorial above but with my geometry...

0 Replies Last Post 18.02.2019, 03:45 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Luis Francisco Molla Munilla

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.