Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I am trying to make a surface plot of the first strain invariant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I am trying to make a surface plot of the first strain invariant in my model.

In the solid mechanics module, I don't seem to have access to it. However I have seen documentation which states that the first strain invariant is a variable I can use in post processing. It is listed as a solid application mode variable, but I can't find it on the model tree anywhere.

Regards,

Eric

1 Reply Last Post 03.04.2019, 12:05 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 03.04.2019, 12:05 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 03.04.2019, 13:10 GMT-4

Hello Eric,

See the attached screenshot.

Note that the "Replace Expression" button offers a query field, which I used here to look up all preimplemented quantities whose name includes "first". It's very convenient.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Eric, See the attached screenshot. Note that the "Replace Expression" button offers a query field, which I used here to look up all preimplemented quantities whose name includes "first". It's very convenient. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.