Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Graphic problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I have some issues with Comsol 5.3, in particular when I open the software a strange screen appears (see the attachment) and I'm not able to work. After some minutes, an error message comes out: "An unexpected error occured, see the end of the log file" If I click on, I find this: "Exception while dispatching event org.osgi.service.event.Event [topic=org/eclipse/e4/ui/LifeCycle/bringToTop] {ChangedElement=org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.basic.impl.PartImpl@654c7d2d (elementId: com.comsol.gui.swt.genericview:canvasview, tags: [View, categoryTag:Other, activeOnClose], contributorURI: null) (widget: ContributedPartRenderer$2 {}, renderer: org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ContributedPartRenderer@613f7eb7, toBeRendered: true, onTop: false, visible: true, containerData: null, accessibilityPhrase: null) (contributionURI: bundleclass://org.eclipse.ui.workbench/org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityView, object: org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityView@4c28f97e, context: PartImpl (com.comsol.gui.swt.genericview:canvasview) Context, variables: [], label: Graphics, iconURI: platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.ui/icons/full/eview16/defaultview_misc.png, tooltip: , dirty: false, closeable: true, description: null)} to handler org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler@7d3815f7 [org.eclipse.equinox.event] java.lang.NullPointerException"

How can i solve this problem? Thanking you in advance, best regards

Maria

0 Replies Last Post 29.05.2019, 17:19 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Maria Mochi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.