Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plasma module simulation error "Division by Zero"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I downloaded the capcitively coupled plasma simulation file from the following web: https://www.comsol.com/model/gec-ccp-reactor-55011

The only change I did was changing the geometry and mesh to suit it. But I get the following error, Could someone help me with this, please The simulation file is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Odik5nPlgyy7xPLaWrcYifVTMhcFiD8F/view?usp=sharing

The error,

Division by zero. - Function: / Failed to evaluate temporary symbolic derivative variable. - Variable: comp1.ptp.Te@VDN$comp1.Ne_per - Defined as: (3(exp(comp1.Ne_per)(1/(unit_m_cf^3))))((-(2comp1.ptp.en))/((3comp1.ptp.ne)^2)) Failed to evaluate temporary symbolic derivative variable. - Variable: comp1.ptp.nue_th@VDN$comp1.Ne_per - Defined as: (0.5((((8e_const)comp1.ptp.Te)/(pime_const))^(-0.5)))(((8e_const)((3(exp(comp1.Ne_per)(1/(unit_m_cf^3))))((-(2comp1.ptp.en))/((3comp1.ptp.ne)^2))))(1/(pime_const))) Failed to evaluate temporary symbolic derivative variable. - Variable: comp1.ptp.ne_bnd@VDN$comp1.Ne_per - Defined as: ((comp1.ptp.ne(((-0.5)(1-comp1.ptp.re))((0.5((((8e_const)comp1.ptp.Te)/(pime_const))^(-0.5)))(((8e_const)((3(exp(comp1.Ne_per)(1/(unit_m_cf^3))))((-(2comp1.ptp.en))/((3comp1.ptp.ne)^2))))(1/(pime_const))))))+((((-0.5)(1-comp1.ptp.re))comp1.ptp.nue_th)(exp(comp1.Ne_per)(1/(unit_m_cf^3)))))(1/(1+comp1.ptp.re)) Failed to evaluate expression. - Expression: d(d(((2(comp1.ptp.ne_bnd+comp1.ptp.tne_bnd)test(comp1.Ne_per)pir)(ptp_xdim.atonly(dvol)))(dvol_spatial),{test@7}),comp1.Ne_per) Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression. - Expression: d(((2(comp1.ptp.ne_bnd+comp1.ptp.tne_bnd)test(comp1.Ne_per)pir)(ptp_xdim.atonly(dvol)))(dvol_spatial),{test@7}) Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression. - Expression: ((2(comp1.ptp.ne_bnd+comp1.ptp.tne_bnd)test(comp1.Ne_per)pir)(ptp_xdim.atonly(dvol)))*(dvol_spatial)

0 Replies Last Post 15.09.2019, 01:20 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Indula Munasinghe

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.