Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Integrating over Poynting vector

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm using wave optics module to compute reflection from surface, as a function of reflection angle, in 2D. I have a port on slit condition emitting 10 W/m TE field (0 0 1). I'm integrating using integration coupling operator over the Poynting vector normalized by the input power (P0), on a distance not too far from it. intop1(sqrt(ewfd.Poavx^2+ewfd.Poavy^2+ewfd.Poavz^2))/P0

While some of the energy does not pass the integration line (it's the same length as the port), the result I am expecting is still near 1. However, I'm getting a result much smaller (1e-3). What Should I change to correct this? The integration line does capture most of the wave.

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 28.02.2021, 03:17 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shai Wissberg

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.