Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How can I change the color of the color legend?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I simply wanna know if I can customize the color of my result. For example if I use the 'rainbow color table' for my stress distribution, it shows the color distribution like red-green-blue. What if i want to change it with different colors but there is not on the 'color table' option?

2 Replies Last Post 18.01.2022, 01:09 GMT-5
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 17.01.2022, 03:03 GMT-5

Hi Chanho,

Yes, you can add custom color tables to the ones available in COMSOL Multiphysics. See "The COMSOL File Formats" chapter in the COMSOL Multiphysics Programming Reference Manual for more information.

Also, the new COMSOL Multiphysics version 6.0 includes a number of new and updated color tables, so chances are good that you can find a color table that suits your needs. See "Color Table Improvements" in Postprocessing and Visualization Updates for information about new color tables in version 6.0.

Best regards, Magnus

Hi Chanho, Yes, you can add custom color tables to the ones available in COMSOL Multiphysics. See "The COMSOL File Formats" chapter in the *COMSOL Multiphysics Programming Reference Manual* for more information. Also, the new COMSOL Multiphysics version 6.0 includes a number of new and updated color tables, so chances are good that you can find a color table that suits your needs. See "Color Table Improvements" in [Postprocessing and Visualization Updates](https://www.comsol.com/release/6.0/postprocessing-and-visualization) for information about new color tables in version 6.0. Best regards, Magnus

Posted: 2 years ago 18.01.2022, 01:09 GMT-5

Hi Chanho,

Yes, you can add custom color tables to the ones available in COMSOL Multiphysics. See "The COMSOL File Formats" chapter in the COMSOL Multiphysics Programming Reference Manual for more information.

Also, the new COMSOL Multiphysics version 6.0 includes a number of new and updated color tables, so chances are good that you can find a color table that suits your needs. See "Color Table Improvements" in Postprocessing and Visualization Updates for information about new color tables in version 6.0.

Best regards, Magnus

Thank you, Magnus

Wish I was using COMSOL 6.0, though. I'm using 5.5. The solution writen on the "COMSOL File Formats" looks a bit tricky but seems that the only method for now.

Again thank you for your help

>Hi Chanho, > >Yes, you can add custom color tables to the ones available in COMSOL Multiphysics. See "The COMSOL File Formats" chapter in the *COMSOL Multiphysics Programming Reference Manual* for more information. > >Also, the new COMSOL Multiphysics version 6.0 includes a number of new and updated color tables, so chances are good that you can find a color table that suits your needs. See "Color Table Improvements" in [Postprocessing and Visualization Updates](https://www.comsol.com/release/6.0/postprocessing-and-visualization) for information about new color tables in version 6.0. > >Best regards, >Magnus Thank you, Magnus Wish I was using COMSOL 6.0, though. I'm using 5.5. The solution writen on the "COMSOL File Formats" looks a bit tricky but seems that the only method for now. Again thank you for your help

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.