Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"The plot is empty"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am new to comsol. I would like to plot results of a point versus frequency. I did have results of the domain including the point I wanted. However, when I used 1D plot->plot graph, I got an empty plot and a warning saying "The plot is empty. I am a bit comfused by COMSOL because its result is not based on element or nodal points. Does the point I pick need to overlap with a nodal point? If not will COMSOL do the interpolation?

3 Replies Last Post 20.01.2022, 02:47 GMT-5

Posted: 2 years ago 19.01.2022, 03:07 GMT-5

If you pick a point like a corner on the geometry, there will be a node there. But you might be picking a point right now that is not part of the meshed geometry? You can also set up a Cut Point under Results-Datasets whose coordinates you are free to choose, and they are not necessarily going to coincide with a node.

If you pick a point like a corner on the geometry, there will be a node there. But you might be picking a point right now that is not part of the meshed geometry? You can also set up a Cut Point under Results-Datasets whose coordinates you are free to choose, and they are not necessarily going to coincide with a node.

Posted: 2 years ago 19.01.2022, 11:48 GMT-5
Updated: 2 years ago 19.01.2022, 11:53 GMT-5

Rene

Thank you very much. I did successfully get some plot. How can I refer to the cut point when I use 1D point plot?

Rene Thank you very much. I did successfully get some plot. How can I refer to the cut point when I use 1D point plot?

Acculution ApS Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 20.01.2022, 02:47 GMT-5

Rene

Thank you very much. I did successfully get some plot. How can I refer to the cut point when I use 1D point plot?

Change the Dataset from Study1(...) to you Cut Point solution.

-------------------
René Christensen, PhD
Acculution ApS
www.acculution.com
info@acculution.com
>Rene > >Thank you very much. I did successfully get some plot. How can I refer to the cut point when I use 1D point plot? Change the Dataset from Study1(...) to you Cut Point solution.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.